June 15, 2007

Job

Well Eric got a JOB! He is a Land Man. What is that you say all of those who are not involved with oil? I have no idea. But the pay is good, the field is hot, and they hired him about an hour after he had applied. Hehe. He knows, so that is good and seems to be enjoying the legal jargon included in the research. To my understanding he goes to a court house and researches who owns the rights to a certain piece of land, gives the information to his secretary and they write a report that allows the oil companies to proceed with drilling. Good thing Eric is flipping smart because from what he has told me there is a lot you have to memorize and 2+ months of training. You get raises based on your work every few months so that is nice. Unfortunately he has to train for about two weeks in a town 5 hours away. It will be the longest we have ever been apart. I might get a lot done, but I’d rather have him around. :o( We are dreading it already and are just trying to stay excited about everything else. Hopefully I can get my Emily to come visit me this summer!!! We can go swim in the pool! *Any other takers? Eric and I went to the pool it was a lot of fun but we got a little too much sun in only an hour and haven’t gone back. Hopefully I will get the living room after pictures posted (we painted), and I want to finish the ones for the front of the house also because my Tiger Lily’s are just beautiful. So far though we are loving our new town and home! Oh and here is a random picture because I don't have one of Eric getting his job. hehe