August 30, 2009

8/21/09 Emma's first minutes

Emma was born at 7:21pm after a realatively easy delivery! Thank GOD! Everything was the complete opposite of Ethan's and as I told Eric later it was easier than going to Wal-Mart with a toddler! We went to the hospital around noon and got all set up and they started the pitocin. We loved our nurse, nurse Amber. She was terrific and even stayed 30 minutes after her shift so she could see Emma! It wasn't doing much and Dr. Tong (also loved) got held up at her clinic so we just sat around watching tv and enjoying the fact that Ethan was at his grandparents. Around 5 the Dr. broke my water and the painful contractions started. About 40 minutes to an hour later I got the epidural, (from a very nice man who came special just for me, so I like to think) which was wonderful. We even got a great room with the new lighting and a recliner! We chatted with the staff, wrote some facebook messages, and before you know it I was ready to push. Just about 9 pushes later, we had our baby girl. We were so shocked at how fast it all happened (I pushed for two hours with Ethan) that we didn't know what to do! Her apgar was 9/9 and they didn't take her from me until I said I wanted to know her weight. It was just so wonderful to get to hold onto her for as long as I wanted. Before you know it I was up and moving around, hardly even sore! I couldn't believe it. God really blessed us.