
I love this picture. It is Eric corralling the kids while I finished getting ready for church. We have been busy busy busy with home stuff and kid milestones! Ethan has officially gotten rid of his NUK!!! What a story that little thing created! He loved it from the time he was born. Then at three months old I took it away since he would wake up crying at night for it. He did with out until he was 15 months old. Between teething, a trip to AK away from his daddy (I gave it to him for the plane), and a very sad mommy over losing her sister, and me deciding who cares about the little things, he enjoyed it until he was 33 months old! Well I decided he was ready. For a little over a week we talked about taking his nuk's to Wal-Mart and using them to buy Buzz Light Year. Eventually after lots of discussion, but no bribing, he decided that he was ready. The lady at the store was great and did a good job accepting his nuk's. We then distracted him by getting ice cream and going to see Toy Story 3 at the drive in (for the second time) He was so busy eating popcorn and holding Buzz he didn't care. When he later asked for his nuk we said, "Oh remember you used them to buy Buzz." He said, "Oh man, I gave my nuk's away!" Then to our surprise during that same week he decided to finish potty training. He has been poopy trained for months, which was wonderful, but wearing pull-up and only going pee when he wanted. But then I noticed him not wanting to go in his pull up any more and I was trying to avoid buying more at the store. So he has been wearing underwear ever since all the time and doing great. Only a few accidents!
Emma is making some of her own achievements. She crawls everywhere on her hands and knees and can now pull herself up on stuff and stand. She is quite daring and doesn't think much about letting go. She is still super easy and listens the first time you say, "Not for Emma..." and luckily if she really wants something is still young enough where you can just hide it and she will get over it. She feeds herself, can drink from a sippy cup, only nurses a few times a day and probably more out of boredom/because she can, because she didn't nurse the whole day we were swimming and in Minot. (i.e. busy)
Her and Ethan are so cute playing together now and get a long pretty well. She is a tough girl and holds her own. Boy was Ethan surprised when she went crawling after him when he snatched a toy! He is good at entertaining her and letting her crawl over him. Emma loves to chase Ethan around the house and enjoys being wild and doing silly things.
Okay more pictures.....
This is my friend Amy's little boy Benjamin, he is 7 months. He came over while I was giving Emma a bath and demanded to be let in. haha I will be watching him a few days a week so Amy can get her RN. Emma and Ben get along pretty well and love each others company!
Okay I couldn't resist, I had to dress them up in Woody and Jessie towels from Toy Story! haha
We got new windows and Emma loves standing at them and looking out. Ben loves it too! Ethan got caught in a picture haha, he hates when I take his picture!
Ethan took this picture one morning. You couldn't pay enough money in the world to achieve the feeling I get when Emma looks at me this way!
Ethan is getting pretty good at taking picts! A little blurry, but very centered!
Okay Ethan got a hold of the camera... Apparently this is what happens to your parents when you exhaust them. We weren't sleeping, just resting our eyes.