March 5, 2009

Puddle Jumping

I decided to take Ethan outside to really show him what galoshes are made for. Not to mention it was so warm and we had the perfect puddle right outside our door! Ethan loves to greet his daddy when he comes home from work. We usually watch out the window and bang and yell when we see him. I always say the less we got done for the day the more excited we will be when you come home, to cover up all our goofing off. Kind of like puppies lol. Well Today was extra special because we timed our second go at puddle jumping for when he drove up. Ethan was so excited and then when daddy took him for a walk he could barely contain his delight! Although the fact that we were outside and really excited might have scared Eric, but we had actually been quit productive so we were just really excited.
I think he was actually planning on diving in this one, we had to run interference!
As for other family updates Ethan is getting practically all his teeth at once. Even though he only had his two front on the bottom his giant molars came in on both sides, it looks pitiful. He is also getting three on each side of his top teeth and more on the bottom. I have let loose on all methods of control reinstating every "habit forming comfort device" known to baby in order to get him through this time. So far he is doing well although I will be glad when he stops thinking the refrigerator holds the key to relief. He hangs on the door he luckily can't open yet practically mountain climbing it while screaming. Then when I open it you would think your giving him the best thing on Earth because he screams with glee and dances. (Then starts to knock things over and pull everything out). I guess food distracts him, at least he is eating! At least he usually chooses the yogurt. As for me I thought I was over being sick all the time, and while I am getting more relief than before, I still enjoy my nightly throw ups and nausea beginning about 12:30pm! But I am getting bigger everyday and am now 15 weeks along. Eric has been working from the office in town (so not commuting 45 min twice a day) which has been nice because we get to see him at lunch! Ethan thinks that it is great to greet him twice in one day and is even realizing its okay when he has to go back to the office! I think Eric enjoys his extra few hours a day with us also! *Sorry about no paragraphs but formatting doesn't allow it for some reason, I think it's the template I have chosen.
Ethan is super fast now and the street isn't too far away from the front walk which is why you can hear me telling Ethan "no" in what I like to think is my "stern" voice. Luckily he listened otherwise I would have had one of those videos of the ground where the parent is heard yelling for the kid to stop while they got bolting after them!