June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Well our Father's Day was much less eventful than mothers (no stitches or E.R. visits) but it was still fun! We went to church then out to eat with Eric's father, Grandpa Ivan, and mom, then got to take a nice Sunday nap. Later we went out for treats. Eric is a great daddy and I couldn't be more proud to have him help raise our children. He is definitely the back bone of our little growing family and tries to make everyday fun. He is the spiritual leader in our home, works hard, and always wants to spend time with us. On Mother's Day Eric wrote some wonderful "why I love my mommy" things in a card so I thought I would voice Ethan's in a similar way. So here are some from the list! Also happy Father's day to all the other daddy's out their, especially my daddy David and Eric's daddy Ward!
Some reasons why you are a GREAT Daddy.... (From Ethan's point of view)
  • ~ You make mommy happy!
  • ~ You always want to spend Saturday with me!
  • ~ You let me stay up late to watch "ball"
  • ~ You help me reach the high stuff so I get to do more at the park when you are along.
  • ~ You buy me treats.
  • ~ You go to work so mom and I can learn all day together!
  • ~ You come home at lunch to see me!
  • ~ You hug on me when mom is tired of me hanging on her!
  • ~ You teach me cool dance moves.
  • ~ You play rough with me.
  • ~ You don't scream when I accidentally hurt you.
  • ~ You take me to have fun when mommy is about to lose it on me.
  • ~ You teach me how to do chores.
  • ~ You bring me home when I've had enough.
  • ~ You always remember my blanky for the nursery at church.
  • ~ You cuddle me when I get hurt.
  • ~ You Rock with me when I need a nap.
  • ~ You read me stories before bed.
  • ~ You let me take a long time to pick out my night music.
  • ~ You organize all my toys in fun scenes.
  • ~ You pray for me.
  • ~ You worry about me.
  • ~ You play with me.
  • ~ You talk to me.
  • ~ You miss me after I have gone to bed and ask mommy if you can wake me up.
  • ~ You listen to me.
  • ~ You love me very very much!