Ethan found an old pacifier in his toy bin and began sucking on it. At first it was cute, then I started to get a bit worried after it worked so well at calming him down and he snuggled so sweet with it in his mouth. After he forgot about it I threw it out since I had already experienced the 'lost paci scream' in the middle of the night and wasn't going to go through that again. (When that started I took the pacifier away at 3 months, plus his sucking need was gone, anyways I digress). Thinking this was over he found a pacifier at play group and sucked and sucked on it till we left. (Don't worry it was clean.) Okay so I have all the pacifiers gone right? Wrong, he found his chicken from his Little People barn and it has the perfect shape/size tail. Pacifier. He kept it in his mouth for an hour+, even took his nap with it. To which when I had to go and find the chicken for him while he was screaming because he couldn't find it I remembered why we don't go to bed with a pacifier. Never thought I'd help my son find his chicken. So long story short he tried out the chicken again today while he was playing, fortunately he wasn't really tired and discovered it was in the way of trying out all his other toys in his mouth, plus the wings kept getting in the way! So please as desperate as he looks for a pacifier, don't send him one! Besides he is just as content with an empty milk jug. (Why I am able to type this now)