November 1, 2008

Ethan's 1st Birthday Party!

Ethan picked up his whole piece of cake!
Mom, Ethan, and Dad! Ethan was very excited and yelling and pounding his high chair in cake anticipation!
Ethan waiting patiently for his cake!
I think he likes it!
Proud mommy of the birthday boy!
Ethan's friend Lily the bee!
Grandma Jo and Ethan! Grandpa was taking all the pictures...
Ethan looking up at Grandpa!
Lily and Ethan are fascinated by the floating object!
All the kids dressed up and Ethan was a monster and James was a football player!
Opening presents. Ethan got lots of nice things for his birthday! Thanks everyone! Present from Nanny in KY! Thanks Nanny!
Lily, Taylor, Rachel *Taylor's mom, and Kallie *Lily's mom
Taylor, Brent and Jackson
Ethan all messy with cake!
Lily, Ella and James!
Mommy had fun decorating and daddy helped!
The Birthday boy chair!
The theme was 1st birthday with bright colors!
Proud mommy and daddy with Ethan and his friends.
Taylor the princess, Lily the bee, Ethan the monster, James the football player, and Ella the princess frog! Jackson came later and was an honorary giraffe.
Hey there's Grandpa holding Ethan on the couch! We had fun with streamers and balloons!
Here is my best effort at a cake. I had fun doing it and it tasted good so I guess it was a success! It matched it decorations too, even the style of the 1!
Ethan had a great birthday party with lots of friends, family, decorations, and cake! He seemed to enjoy himself immensely and every time someone would come in the door he would get so excited and 'run' over to it. Grandma and Grandpa Koeser, Kallie and Lily, Kasey, James, and Ella, Rachel and Taylor, Brent and Jackson, and Eric and I were all his guests and he knew it was his day. He ran around and would all of the sudden scream in excitement. He loves kids and people and was so excited for his cake I couldn't get it to him fast enough. He didn't even get scared when we all sang. He was just so happy the whole time it made it so enjoyable to celebrate his special day. After it was all over Eric and I wanted to crash but Ethan kept on going playing with all his toys for hours, then in his swing and with the puppies, we went on a walk because it was a gorgeouse November 65 degrees! He didn't take a nap until 4:30pm! AHHH But it was a good day and Ethan appreciated all the decorations and jaz, at least I think that is what his screams for joy and wide eyes with lots of poiting were telling us!