I thought I would make a scrap page of my sisters. I didn't have many pictures to work with but really wanted to do it anyway. I have been thinking a lot about sisters lately. Yesterday was a year from the last day I ever saw Jennifer, before she died. I remember it well because it seemed so unusual. Ethan had been sick and we were in AK getting ready to fly home early that morning. Jennifer had been helping me hold him upright so he could breath better to sleep. When she brought him to me she sat next to the bed stroking my hair and telling me she loved me. It was if she new because it wasn't a normal thing. I kept waking up and she would still be sitting there watching Ethan and I sleep. I didn't get to officially say goodbye because she was asleep when I left for the airport which is the way I saw her last. I missed seeing her again by only two days as I actually had the next trip planned to AK before she died. So when I returned home again, she was sleeping forever. I wish I would have hugged my sisters more, taken more photos of us embracing and close. Now taking pictures with sisters is hard because there will always be one sister missing. If only I had known then how much I wish I wouldn't have waited for our hair to be perfect and clothes just right to take a picture of us holding each other so tight, because now I never can. At least with the sister closest to me in age.
April 16, 2009
Sisters
I thought I would make a scrap page of my sisters. I didn't have many pictures to work with but really wanted to do it anyway. I have been thinking a lot about sisters lately. Yesterday was a year from the last day I ever saw Jennifer, before she died. I remember it well because it seemed so unusual. Ethan had been sick and we were in AK getting ready to fly home early that morning. Jennifer had been helping me hold him upright so he could breath better to sleep. When she brought him to me she sat next to the bed stroking my hair and telling me she loved me. It was if she new because it wasn't a normal thing. I kept waking up and she would still be sitting there watching Ethan and I sleep. I didn't get to officially say goodbye because she was asleep when I left for the airport which is the way I saw her last. I missed seeing her again by only two days as I actually had the next trip planned to AK before she died. So when I returned home again, she was sleeping forever. I wish I would have hugged my sisters more, taken more photos of us embracing and close. Now taking pictures with sisters is hard because there will always be one sister missing. If only I had known then how much I wish I wouldn't have waited for our hair to be perfect and clothes just right to take a picture of us holding each other so tight, because now I never can. At least with the sister closest to me in age.