

Ethan got to play with Play-Doh for the first time the other day. He thought it was funny how I reacted when he licked it so even though he didn't like the taste he kept doing it. My favorite part was the disclaimer on the package stating that "Structures are dependent on the age and skill of the child". I guess you can't get upset if your almost 19 month old can't make the giraffe pictured on the box. Anyways he seemed to enjoy it and liked when I made things and gave them to him. I also figured for two bucks I'm not stressing about mixed colors. The apron was just so he would know this wasn't food, since he was sitting at his place for dinner. But worked out good since he slobbered on all of it.
He has been a handful lately as far as trying to do everything, kind of the "terrible two's" fits and the whole shabang. So he can get very tiring, although I don't think he is the worst I've seen. But most of his reasoning is for good. Like he will try to put his bowl in the sink never mind he dumps everything on the floor first to make sure it is empty when it goes in. Or he will try and help take out the trash but first pulls things out to see whats in there then accidently knocks the whole can over. Or just seems to undo everything you do, trying to help of course. He is constantly in everything, on everything, or wanting everything. Plus he wants to eat all the time so I am going through food like crazy! Not to mention very tired of making so many 'meals', on top of the main three he eats. But he is crazy fun and dangerous now a days too. He loves ESPN more than cartoons and yelled BALL this morning when I turned on the tv and it was basketball. I think he watched more of the NBA playoff game tonight than Eric. He dances to the music, yells at the screen, sits in suspense on the arm of the sofa, or stands right in front of the score! We drove past a baseball field and all he saw was the players standing out in the field and he yelled "baseball" so we were pretty proud of his sports knowledge. He is also into airplanes and cars, but loves when airplanes go over head. He can say so many things now I can't believe all the new words each day. You can tell what he has been surrounded by now also because of what he is really good at saying, "puppies" for example. Some others include but are not limited to: please, yes, car, dog, baby, puppies, woof woof, meow, out, no no no, banana (yes the whole word now), yum, ball, football, basketball, yeah, um, shoes, dirty, icky, trash, grosse (This is because I am constantly telling him not to play in the trash, pick up trash, or other gross things.) Bye bye and probably some more too. Today he saw DQ from the park, took my hand and just started walking over there saying yeah yeah! He also mowed our neighbors lawn with his play mower, luckly Steve thought it was a great idea. And we can't forget how he makes friends wherever he goes and has to say bye to them all when he leaves. At church on Sunday he tried to stand next to the pastor and shake hands good bye with people. Servers at restaraunts have to guard there aprons or he will steel all the straws. Lately he has been into drinking what I get so I try and think what would Ethan not like, unfortunately I think we have the same taste for bitter things. Apparently he loves grapefruit juice and Moolates. ugh. Oh and if you are wondering why I don't have as many pictures it is because he wants to take them all now so when I get out the camera he screams for it so all my pictures are of him screaming. I have play-doh ones because Eric snuck around the corners and took them really fast.