October 29, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Ethan!


Ethan turned 2 years old today!!! Wow has he learned a lot in the past year! Where to begin. He can talk for one thing. Every time he learns new words, or just chooses to say them I am so excited because it makes everything easier. He has always known what he needed or wanted just not been able to communicate it. So we are getting further and further away from frustration! He is a very active boy, so I have been told in comparison to other children. Not to say he can't sit and play nicely or watch a movie, both he is great at. He jut loves to explore, think of new things to do, and 'help' out around the house. I have to say he is super smart and very social. He makes friends wherever he goes and loves both going and just hanging out at home. He enjoys a good pillow fight or wrestling with his daddy or puppies. He likes to bake with his mommy and will get out the vegetable oil and say "cookies" in such a cute voice you have to make them, and eat them. He sleeps well, still takes a nice nap in the afternoons, eats a ton, and still loves all the healthy foods. He can somewhat dress himself, has used the potty a few times, although we are taking that pretty slow just because, and can figure ways to work through problems like reaching things up high. He doesn't cry a lot or throw tantrums and gets over stuff pretty quick, but I would say he has acted two since about 10 months old! Most people ask me if he is 3. At least now we don't have to say actually he is 1. lol. He wheres size 3 shirts and 2 pants, and size 8 shoes. He loves shoes and enjoys walking around the house is his dad's size 12's. We went to the dr. today and he is 35 1/2 inches tall, 31 lbs. and his head is 15 1/2 inches round. Oh I could go on about our little guy. He is such an entertainer and keeps us laughing all the time. He loves playing with everything cars and could spend hours just rolling those things around the living room. I know he must have a ton of scenarios going on with them. He still loves sports and cried while leaving church last Sunday saying, 'church church'. While we are super busy keeping up with all his "creative ideas" like; emptying the trash in the sink, re-washing the clean folded laundry, putting his dirty diaper in the dirty clothes causing a diaper hunt, letting the dogs in the house, dragging his 8 weeks old sister down the hall on a blanket, putting all his toys in a laundry basket then dumping them out in the bathroom, undoing what I do, unlocking all baby locks, ect. Pretty much keeping him alive is a full time job, this really just accounts for a day or maybe a few days. I can't say my job as a stay at home mom is boring with him running around. By 10am on some days I am exhausted just letting him help me do everything from make breakfast to changing Emma's diapers. Because he is a helper and wants to be involved in it all never to miss a thing. I know he is just going to get more fun with each passing day and I wouldn't ask for anything more!

All in the past...