September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Jennifer

Hey Jennifer I know you are in Heaven but we figured there was celebrations everyday up there so Eric, Ethan, and I wanted to wish you a very happy day and we miss you very much, but are sure glad you are all better now! I can remember lots of Jennifer's birthday party moments... One time we had an old record that played a birthday song with Jennifer's name on it. During her party while it was on, the record broke and started repeating the line, "hey Jennifer, it's your birthday!" over and over and over. I can still hear it and Jennifer was so excited and twirling and I was freaking out trying to get mom's attention, lol. Another was when she had a slumber party and my parents cleared all of the furniture out of the living room and had blow up mattresses down for them to all sleep on. As a young child I thought this was the coolest thing in the world and looked so neat. So while her and all her friends were jumping, tumbling, and giggling all over they began to pop and deflate. Jennifer and her friends got "stuck" as they lost their air and were laughing so hard they couldn't get up! So I ran and got mom and dad and they thought it was funny too. When we were little we always had our birthday's together because they are close in dates. We would go to McDonalds playland or my mom would have an elaborate theme. One time she even dressed up as Minni Mouse bow, dress, and all! My dad's job was always to scare us while our friends were sleeping over, he was pretty good at making us all scream and then laugh, using funny masks and crank phone calls. Jennifer loved dress up party's where everyone got fancy and went to a great restaurant. One year I think she was only turning like 10, her and some friends dressed up and ate at Simon and Seaford's and she even let me get dressed up too and be in the picture, although I don't think I got to sit at her table.