Here are some pictures from our trip to Alaska to be together after Jennifer passed away. I was already going to be in AK prior, to see the family and Jennifer was so excited about us visiting. She had cleaned and prepared even setting out a tooth brush for me. She was so excited to see her nephew Ethan. The trip was very bitter sweet. We are trying to be happy in the photos, but it always felt like Jennifer was missing. The funeral was wonderful and really honored my sisters life. Everyone showed so much care for our family and we all worked together to make it as good as possible. Eric came for the first half of the trip, but then returned to work. Friends and family came from all over to show their support including my uncles from Tennessee, Terry and Mike (pictured above with Emily) It has been a time of grieving, growing, and remembering, with Ethan bringing in a bit of joy. I have found grieving to be very unpredictable. So I am taking it one day at a time since I have no idea the emotions that I will feel next. The first week preparing for the funeral and getting things in order is a blur. The second even though I don't have many pictures, Ethan was able to spend time with his cousins and aunts and remind Grandma and Grandpa about the joy and life that is left to enjoy. It is hard not to smile when Ethan shakes his head doing silly baby and smiles his big toothy grin. (He got four new teeth while here and did wonderfully through the whole ordeal) If you are wondering why Ethan never has socks on it is because hie new favorite thing is to take them off, he will try and take off yours also and is soooo happy when he gets them off.