January 18, 2010

Catching up!


Well we returned from vacation and I didn't stop taking pictures, just stopped posting them. Emma has moved into 6-12 month clothes already! She will be 5 months on the 21st! AHH I can't believe how fast this is going by. It feels like she just got here and I am supposed to have half her baby book filled out by now, so much for that I guess. lol. I keep saying I don't have much to say as far as large motor or eating accomplishments and this is why I am behind in gushing about her. Ethan was sitting up and eating solids at this age. But I have tried my best to keep Emma a baby because she is just the easiest sweetest girl baby you will ever meet. She sleeps whenever, can be moved while sleeping and not wake up, left in her crib to watch her mobile and fall asleep on her own, or snuggle in and take a nap while nursing. She can eat every 3 hours or sometimes longer, smiles all the time, loves goofy faces and playful interaction, and hardly cries or even fusses! She is easy to burp, doesn't have tummy issues and is just a pure joy. She wakes up giggling and smiling too! She is long and skinny with short legs and an extra long torso. At the Doctors when she was 4.5 months she weighed 15 lbs and was 26 1/4 inches long. She was in the 98th percentile for her height and 87 for weight. Her head circumference was in the 50%. I guess that is because Eric has a large head and mine is small lol. She is very good at grasping things and bringing them to her mouth. She can roll from her back to both sides now, but doesn't usually prefer to wiggle much, unless she is in the bath. Then she is a crazy girl and giggles and kicks the whole time. She is also hot all the time and I can't even put her in a bunting when it is below zero or have a t-shirt under her clothes. She just needs one blanket or she sweats a ton. She also hates things with feeties on them and loves it when you just keep her in her diaper. She sleeps with her arms straight out in the t position too. Oh and a funny thing lately when you put her on her tummy she doesn't hate it, but just lets her head fall face down onto the floor. You would think when she came up she would be frustrated, but she is just smiling or giggling. She thinks Ethan is funny too and loves when I get in her face and give her kisses. She has the best cheeks for kissing! She talks a lot too. Cooing all the time. I miss her when she sleeps and don't even mind if she wakes early for a feeding or something.

Ethan is also coming along well. He is 2 years and 2.5 months old and is ALL boy. He is so busy it keeps me busy. He loves to bake, play with his cars, watch movies, do dishes, shovel snow, play with his 3 dogs, make messes, change his own diaper (not by my wish), and so much more. He isn't afraid to go off and play, for example going up in the McDonald play land tunnels that are 2 stories high and completely enclosed, and we can leave him most of the time with the grandparents or church nursery with out any tears. He gives great hugs and will pat your back. He is using sentences now and it is so fun to see what he says. Today's funny one was, "No, I don't want to get in the car!" or "No clothes, please." or "It doesn't fit." My favorite saying is, "This is fun." or "This is funny." he uses it appropriately too and it makes me feel good that he is enjoying himself. He puts on his own clothes almost by himself too. He was going in the potty very successfully until he got a stomach virus making it easier to stick with diapers verses the feeling of failure 8 times a day. He still gets into a lot of predicaments, but is growing up and every day is a bit easier. He will now stand next to me in public and understands the process of places we go so it is nice.  Oh and he can jump too. When he comes into a room he doesn't just walk in. He runs in blazing with a big smile and starts to jump and do a jig. He does this when people come over and it is so funny. He also loves to dance and lately has been singing. When he wants us to follow him he pats his leg and says in a higher voice, "come on!" and when he has done something naughty and wants to get on our good side or show us he is being good again he says, "HI!" in a high fun voice. It is a pretty good trick if you ask me! We love him to peices and while you would think having Emma around would make him seem bigger he actually seems smaller like he shouldn't be doing all these smart things. He is strong too. He decided we needed a turkey at the grocery store the other day and picked up a 10lb. er. He can also take a hit from a fall or the foot of a child being swung around (it hit him in the face) and still just say "Oh man!" then just wants a kiss on the owie. haha. He rocks!

 
Sometimes when Ethan and I are having fun I will let him watch a movie and lay on the couch for nap time. Yes he is still in his jammies, but it was jammy day where he gets to wear what he wants (usually pj's) until after nap. Anyways he didn't make it to the couch and fell asleep like this!


He has been into these Dalmatian stuffed puppies a ton lately. They were actually mine when I was little. He still watches the movie often. He really likes the game we play before bed with the puppy on the left. It is the "Impatient puzzle puppy". I make the puppy pick on Ethan while he tries to do puzzles then when Ethan gets the piece in the puppy excitedly attacks his neck with licks. Then finds the next piece and tells Ethan to put it in. It can get quite wild, but is pretty fun.

 

 
Well this last picture I took this morning so we are officially caught up! See she does smile even in the morning!